Thursday, January 6, 2011

3 January 2011

I cooked the goose today, using John Manikowski's recipe "Upside-Down Roast Canada Goose" (http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/egg/egg1196/cangoose.html) and found it worked quite well. The recipe called for veal or chicken broth, so I used chicken broth that I had made myself and frozen in December.

For h'orderves, we had some of my Fromage Blanc and pâté I made from the goose livers using a recipe from Forgotten Skills of Cooking by Darina Allen (http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/03/cook-the-book-forgotten-skills-of-cooking.html).

To accompany the goose we had artisan bread baked that day, salad of mixed greens (OK, store-bought), radishes, mushrooms, carrots, celery and onions with a dressing I made myself of olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, chives and balsamic vinegar.

The goose tasted quite good, though it was a little overdone. All in all, it was a very satisfying meal. How wonderful that Ben was there to take part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contextual Links